Dyes for Spectral Sensitizeation Of Silver-Gelatin Emulsion

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by wildbillbugman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. wildbillbugman

wildbillbugman Member

Apr 18, 2005
    San Bernardi
    8x10 Format
    Hello to All,
    In case there is anyone who reads this Forum, but dose not read the silver-halide emulsion Forum, I am making it known that I have ordered, for 3 people so far, 1.3g of SDA3057. This is a green sensitizing dye which, in the pesence of iodine forms "J" agrigate and becomes a red sensitizing. At the recommendation of Photo Engineer, I ordered 1.0g about 3 years ago. I have been producing Red sensitive emulsions ever since. I use the SDA3057 in conjunction with green sensitizer SDE3008, also from W.W.Sands. The concentration is 150mg /mole os silver. An average batch of ewmulsion uses 0.1 moles of siulver to produce abot 200 grams of emulsion.
    The catch is that the price of SDA3057 ii $395/gram. I am ordering 1.3 grams to meet Sand's minimum oif $500.
    So far I have 2 partners who will split the dye and cost with me. I am looking for one more person with whom to split the dye and cost.
    As an incentive, I will include some SDE3008,green sensitizing dye, at no charge. I use it at 2/3 the leval of SDA3057. It also costs $395/gram.