E-6 Chemistry in Canada?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by TimmyMac, Nov 23, 2011.

1. TimmyMac

TimmyMac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Does anyone know where I can purchase E-6 chemicals in Canada? If its local, anywhere near Toronto would work for me. Otherwise, are there any online sources? I've been having a seriously hard time finding any and all the usual suspects are not willing to ship to Canada

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Try Nymoc Chemical. 24 McGee St. TO 416-465-1929.

5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beau Photo in Vancouver now carries the Freestyle "Arista" E6 (and C41) 3 bath kits.

6. happyjam64

happyjam64 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is great news. You wouldn't happen to know their prices would you?

7. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, but I'd suggest calling Arseni - he appears to have taken over the film and darkroom department there.

His number is 604-734-7771.

He indicated he would be happy to respond to email requests for information through film@beauphoto.com (I like that email address :smile:).

My sense is that they are putting some real energy into expanding their efforts in film and darkroom.

Arseni confirmed as well that they do supply larger quantities of chemistry to schools (Emily Carr??) and other institutions, so they can probably help anyone interested in C41, E6 or RA4, as long as the customers are willing to accept the delays and shipping costs that they experience with their suppliers.

And for Sean, I suggested that it would be a very good idea to advertise on APUG:whistling:.

By the way, Arseni seems quite young, and he indicates that he shoots film almost exclusively.:D

8. happyjam64

happyjam64 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You know, I never really realized they're putting more effort into their analogue stuff till you pointed that out. It makes sense really, they carry some pretty off beat films and chems, and not to mention they just partnered with the impossible project. This is fantastic! Now if only they were open on weekends... :wink:

Yeah, Emily Carr is probably the only school left doing E6 and C41. Langara gave up long ago, but I'm doing my best to bring it back! Going to The Lab or Custom Color is just so inconvenient for me.

I don't think I've met Arseni before, I'll definitely give him a shout and see what's what. Thanks for all the info.