E6 developing in New York City

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by masimix, Jun 11, 2010.

1. masimix

masimix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello E6!

I'm currently in NYC, and would like to process a few rolls of Provia, does anybody know a lab that does that in a day or two?

I went to Grand Photo Solutions, but they didn't have it in-house, so they couldn't do it before I leave on tuesday.

Any tips on labs in Manhattan would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Marius

2. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    any of the vista image group on 22nd street (south side) between 5 and 6th ave has fast turnaround. there number is 212-633-6000. Any of the pro labs in the city will should be able to get the stuff back to you same day.

3. GinaMaree

GinaMaree Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I second Vista (also called CRC) on 22nd b/t 5th and 6th ave. The turnaround is, I believe, a couple of hours.

4. Shawn Rahman

Shawn Rahman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Baboo Digital on 20th between 5th and 6th does terrific E6 processing. $6.99 per roll including cardboard mounts. Dip and dunk processing and next day turnaround. Check them out. I used A&I In Hollywood when I lived out in L.A. and find Baboo very compatible bt much cheaper. Good luck!

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Duggal (www.duggal.com), 4-hour turnaround usually on weekdays, rush service available for a fee.

6. masimix

masimix Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot for the tips! I actually called Baboo first (since I found their website), and they told me they have it by tomorrow. On my way up 20th street i walked past another lab called Manhattan Color Labs, and they could develop in two hours, so I ended up putting it in there (I walked down to Baboo first, but went back). I had to go back to Brooklyn, but since they are open both saturday and sunday theres lots of opportunities to pick it up before I leave tuesday.

They do not have a website (strange these days), but some reviews show up when you google them, and people seem happy with processing/prices, but not the scans.

I'll post here if the films look bad or anything.