E6 mail order labs in the UK.

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by bishy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everyone,

May i please ask which E6 mail order labs photographers based in the UK are using, without any processing problems being noted.

I had a thought today regarding this, after a complaint i made to a Pro Lab regarding some processing issues i had.

Would i be expecting too much from a mailorder lab, to think that when i receive a film back, i found no deep scratches or drying marks on the base side of the transparency film?

Thank you.

2. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been using Metro Colour Lab in Birmingham for my E6 work they come back sleeved and their processing has been perfect no drying marks scratches etc. but they take about a week or so to return them.

3. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been using Metro Colour Lab in Birmingham for my E6 work they come back sleeved and their processing has been perfect no drying marks scratches etc. the cleanest processing I've ever seen, but they do take about a week to ten days to return them.

4. batwister

batwister Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Peak Imaging? Haven't shot any transparency for a while, but 3 days turnaround first class, a week via their standard freepost.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess Peter Gaffney processes your Stereo pairs Ben :D

Peter's got a nice little lab in Birmingham unfortunately he doesn't do LF. I used him a lot for 35mm C41 in the late 80's early 90's always excellent quality.

Ian

6. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you, i have used Peak's E6 service in the past.

Thank you for the recommendation for Metro Colour Lab, benjiboy. The quailty of processing you have experienced is good to know.

I have a couple of exposed films, which i've posted for development to Metro Imaging's online service 'Metro Print', after a recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
  7. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes Ian :D it looks like it, I started using Metro about a year ago and have been impressed with the quality and the reasonable price of their work, since I only shoot 35mm and 120 the fact he doesn't do L/F isn't an issue with me

8. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just a quick update. I was pleased with Metro Imaging's processing service, the slides were pristine and no drying marks or scratching evident.

9. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm pleased you got good results bishy, but I recommended Metro Colour Labs in Birmingham, I have never used Metro Imaging in London.

10. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes of course that's right, which is much apreciated. I haven't forgotten Metro Colour Labs and if have any issues in future then, Mr Gaffney will be my next port of call.

The only thing was i had already posted a couple of exposed rolls to Metro Print, after a recommendation via private messaging.

11. rxp

rxp Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Palm labs in Birmingham always been great to me for 35mm and 120.

12. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes i've seen Palm's website. They use Kodak E6 chemistry if i remember rightly.