E6 processing labs UK

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by bishy, Apr 10, 2011.

1. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,

Looking for a new E6 lab via mailorder based in the UK. I have had issues with my current choice of lab. Latest film i received had several fingerprint marks and roller residue on the slides.

Thanks

2. thegman

thegman Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Peak processing is good, but you have to fill in a tedious form, although they've got a freepost address which is convenient. Genie Imaging is OK too, they've messed up a few things for me, but nothing too bad, and you can order online. Genie is cheaper than Peak, and maybe it shows, but they're alright really.

3. Ian Cooper

Ian Cooper Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'd also recommend Peak. The slides and negs are always clean and flat.

5. Ap507b

Ap507b Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Not quite 100% mail order as you have to buy the mailers from the shop, but I have just started using Jessops process paid mailers. I have only sent them two films, but have been very happy with the quality of the work. The biggest problem that I had with them was persuading the Croydon store last year that they were doing mailers again. The conversation went something like "Haven't done them for ages"...... "Your web site says you have them in stock"........ "The lab has closed. Aah here they are, it is a different lab address"

6. Lachlan Young

Lachlan Young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Have used BPD Photech for mail order - was very happy with results. CC Imaging in Leeds is very good too, though I haven't used their mail order service.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

7. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    great stuff,thank you everyone.

From memory isn't the Jessops E6 mailer going to Fuji lab in Warwick?. When i used process paid Sensia,i had no complaints with the Fuji labs quailty control. Given me something to think about now.

8. Ap507b

Ap507b Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I haven't got one to hand, but yes, I think it is a Warwick address on it.

9. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you for the info. I will pop into Jessops in the morning,for a couple of E6 mailers.

10. film_man

film_man Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use Peak too. The film always comes back super clean and the prints are always very good. The form is tedious but you can make a template and print it yourself, they don't mind as long as you have all the address/payment info as in their form and your instructions are clear enough.

11. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    No joy today in Jessops,regarding E6 mailers. A very helpful staff member told me to buy them via there website,not sure what to make of that,so be going elsewhere.

I will send out my first two rolls off to Peak Imaging,as read some very good feedback on here.

12. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Another vote for The Darkroom, Cheltenham. I haven't tried Peak so can't comment, but you may have had a narrow escape if Jessops send to the Fuji lab. I had so many problems with Fuji's E6 processing that I'm actually paying for my remaining stock of already process-paid Sensia to be processed by The Darkroom (and I'm a tight git!)
    Steve

13. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I thought Fuji's processing was outsourced?

Tom

14. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Fuji films used to go to a lab in Leamington Spa (Warwick on the postal address) called Standard Photographic. I used to work nearby and would always look into their bins when I walked passed to see if any photo stuff was salvageable.

15. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oh no!. I just brought a batch of outdated Sensia process paid!. Steve what was the problems you experienced?,as it may be five or six years since i last sent films to Fuji Lab. The quailty in the past was always of a very high standard.

Cheers

16. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    >>>I thought Fuji's processing was outsourced?

It is, Tom. Perhaps I should have said "the place where Fuji get their E6 processing done".

Steve

17. SimonD

SimonD Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Here's another vote for Peak Imaging. I've just got a set of slides back from them on some expired Velvia 50 - the original one, so pre 2005. The colours are just great.
    Peak's form is a bit of a faff but they are quick, the packaging is good and the quality is perfect. They printed my half-frame negs up two-to-a-print without any fuss as well.

18. John Lawrence

John Lawrence Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  19. kgb144

kgb144 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I can recommend Palm Labs in Birmingham. After a few disappointments elsewhere I tried them about three years ago and have used them ever since. Very good for B&W too. Very knowlegable, friendly and helpful.

I think they are linked or have an affinity with AG as they advertise for each other on their web sites.

20. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Palm Lab also offer a colour optical print service and don't charge extra for push /pull.

21. Charlie-J

Charlie-J Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sensia Process paid

bishy

Your sensia mailers are still valid! If your film is very old and not worth shooting you can use the mailers to send any sensia film for processing.
    I have been using up a batch of mailers that were in a batch of film that expired in 1992.
    The lab in Leeds turn round the slides in a week, I have had over 20 rolls of film processed by them and I have no complaints.
    You can also buy prepaid vouchers to process any E6 35mm or 120 film.

Here is some info from Fuji about there lab service in the UK.

http://www.fujifilmprocessinglaboratory.co.uk/images/Q&A.pdf

22. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you for the info. I was aware that the mailer would be accepted,just i replied in that manner,after reading a posting by Steve Roberts having trouble with Fuji lab processing,after ordering some expired dated Sensia 100.

Good to know you have had no complaints with Fuji Lab service.

Saying that i received back two rolls of mounted slides from Peak this morning. The service was a three day turnaround from posting,great packaging,also thought the freepost mailer/box a nice touch for the next order. However most importantly the slides were clean,colourful and sharp.

I am really impressed with Peak,thanks everyone for putting Peak Imaging's name forward.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011