E6 processing labs UK

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by bishy, Sep 24, 2011.

1. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi everyone,

Been searching around at various options via mail order in the UK. So far i have used Peak Imaging and The Darkroom with good results.

Been searching around and found Transpacolor and Digitalab offer a competive priced E6 service also. Any feedback on these labs please?. I really should stick to one lab,but i'm just interested to sample other options available to finally make my mind up:smile:.

Thank you.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's Palm in Birmingham, also Peter Gaffney but he's 35mm only both good labs. The main two labs I used for 30 years have closed.

Ian

3. railwayman3

railwayman3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've used Transpacolor (and Peak Imaging) for many years....no problems with either. Clean processing, good colours and prompt service.

4. d_c

d_c Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Metro Imaging in London EC1 have a postal service

5. thegman

thegman Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Genie Imaging are pretty reasonable, although I don't find them as fast as Peak or The Darkroom.

6. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you for the advice everyone.

I have sent a batch of film off in the post to four seperate processing labs this morning. I will be looking forward to seeing the processing results and the return service each lab provide.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  7. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Report back your findings, please.

8. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes no problem. I will update the thread,once all the rolls are back and inspected!

All the best.

9. bishy

bishy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just thought i would post my findings, after receiving the four film's back. I was pleased to note the difference in the service offered by the labs,return packaging,documents,freepost box/envelopes for next order from two of the four labs etc.

I found a clear favourite for my own personal use,this was Peak Imaging. I like the return packaging the unmounted slides are sent in,the freepost box is handy also. The most important thing is the processing quailty,of which i find Peak to be so consistent. The slides looked so clean and sharp,with well saturated color. The quick turnaround and resonable total price of £6.19 which was second cheapest,The Darkroom first just by a few pence.

I was pleased to note the quailty of all four labs tested,it is very encouraging to know there are a few good lab's still out there.