Easy to load transparent file pages?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by IndifferentCamera, Jul 9, 2013.

1. IndifferentCamera

IndifferentCamera Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello

I had a lot of trouble with some Kenro transparent pages, most especially with 135, where the films (different B&W) would not go into the windows from the side. I then purchased the opaque ones, glassine type, and find them much easier. Of course, the glassine ones are not as good for inspection or printing/scanning, so I was wondering if all brands are the same with ref to loading (archival qualities not so important here).

And if all the clear files are similar, is there some trick to getting B&W negs into the sleeves? I found it next to impossible and wondered how people did it? My negs are always dry, usually 24hrs, in normal humidity.

Thanks, Jon

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use a nail clipper and clip small triangular amounts off each corner of each strip.

It stops the corners from catching, and helps reduce the possibility of one strip scratching the second.

One caution: do this over a sheet of paper or a towel. Otherwise the little triangular pieces of film are hard toi clean up.

3. frank

frank Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No problems with printfile sleeves.

4. IndifferentCamera

IndifferentCamera Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the tips. Will look at Clearfile for the UK, though seems to be polypropolene compared to polyethelene of the US brand. As long as it's not acetate it might be what I need (I think?).

Jon

5. ndrs

ndrs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use Secol AS301P7FW polyester 'Vertical Filing Sheets' that open full lenght at the top.