Edward Burtynsky: CHINA - Sept 15th-Oct 29

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by bjorke, Sep 7, 2005.

1. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's a review of a couple of his shows in New York. The review includes some of his images.

3. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I saw this show in Toronto a week ago, I am not sure if it was the complete show or just a section of.

This is a wonderful show , with some very powerful images that resonate with colour and depth. His use of the 4x5 or 8x10 camera is masterful and I was very impressed with Eds new work.

He has now introduced into the show very large images , which when viewed are overwhelming at first sight.
    This show also has a very large sampling of digital dye coupler prints that Ed has produced using a chromira imaging device.
    I had a very difficult time discerning which pieces were traditional enlarger prints and those that were scanned and printed on his new printer.
    The most obvious thing that struck me was that he is very well versed with a large format camera and his use of colour is beautiful.
    I think anyone going to the show will be inspired with his work .
    The print prices were going from $15,000 to I believe $45,000.

4. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The Koch gallery web site has several images that were NOT on display -- not sure if they were on-hand but they're so big that they quickly consume all available wall space! The ones that were there (now closed) were pretty darned great.

5. Roger Krueger

Roger Krueger Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Thank God it's over. I came sooooo close to spending my next lens flying to San Francisco...