Edwards Engineered Products Vacuum Frames

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Ken Nadvornick, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone out there have any personal experience with the following stand alone tabletop vacuum frames?

EEP Vacuum Frames

A search of APUG turned up a single thread with generally complimentary opinions about the EEP UV light systems, but nothing specifically about the line of vacuum frames.

Looking for general background opinions at this point. Any further help out there?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

2. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Although not the answer you are looking for, I have used his UV light boxes, have one of his custom vent hoods in my darkroom and have visited his shop. Everything he does, IMHO, is first rate. Doubt you would be disappointed with one of his products. You will however be investing your dollars, rather than mine. I would ask him questions. He might even tell you that I asked him a bunch of them. Great guy. Bill Barber

3. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your response, Bill. Even if it doesn't address the vacuum frames directly, input about the products and company in general are also very useful.

Very few responses on this. Mirrors my Google searches. I couldn't find any useful vacuum frame-specific hits there either. Not surprising, as it's a high-end, expensive item. But there were quite a number of satisfied customer testimonials for the UV light boxes.

The frames appeal to me as they appear to be relatively small and portable. At least when compared to those Nu-Arc monsters. I don't have that level of space, or need. These appear to be usable directly undernearth an enlarger for projection speed papers.

Thanks again,

Ken

4. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll try once or twice more to bump this during prime time in hopes of finding that needle-in-the-haystack APUGer who might already own or have used one of these...

Ken

5. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have only one experience with the company and it was rather negative -- it was with their UV light source in kit form. Very disappointing.

6. ron mcelroy

ron mcelroy Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I looked at the web site and I feel that you can beat this price point searching for old print shop frames. I know shops that hauled to the dump much better units than this. Unfortunately most of those frames may already be there.