Efke R 100 127 - push or pull processing for old film

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by epp, Jun 10, 2012.

1. epp

epp Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    I am going to test the 70-year-old Kodak Baby Brownie Special with a roll of Efke R 100 127. In another thread, it was said that B&W films really don't expire. The process-by date on this particular film was January 2000 or 2001.

Where the film is this old, should any push or pull processing be done with the roll, in order to get visible prints from it? I'm not looking for anything perfect. Push and pull processing are options available from the lab I will be mailing it to.

Thanks.

2. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I shoot efke 127 film in my old baby tengor box - I always do semi stand in Rodinal 1+100. I have find out that this is best solution when you don't have any influence to exposure (for example I do this also when shoot with holga).

3. rjbuzzclick

rjbuzzclick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Normally, when I shoot old films and I have standard developing times, I will over-expose by a stop or two and develop normally, or maybe just a touch longer. If I don't have developing times, I will still overexpose a stop or two and then do what darosaric does, stand develop with Rodinal 1+100.

4. epp

epp Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    The Baby Brownie Special has an f/11 meniscus lens, rotary shutter - one speed: 1/40