Ektar 152

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by don sigl, Sep 22, 2006.

1. don sigl

don sigl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I recently purchased an Ektar 152mm f4.5 in a supermatic shutter on ebay. I did some research, and it seemed like a good deal at $99.00. But I would like to get opinions from the group on this lens. The serial number indicates that it was made in 1947. I plan to use it with 4x5 for landscapes. Probably on a Crown Graphic, and maybe on my Zone VI field.

Thanks,

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have one of those too. It's a decent lens, nothing overly exciting, but a solid worker bee. I would expect it to do a fine job for most uses in 4x5 - mine does.

- Randy

3. MarkS

MarkS Member

A fine lens. Modern multi-coated optics will have more contrast; at working apertures resolution numbers will be very close. If the glass is clean and the shutter works right you got a bargain.

4. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ektar 152mm

Try mating this lens with Polaroid T55 film and watch the magic begin. I have some incredible images from this combo...
    Best, Peter

5. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    $99 is a good price for that lens (assuming good condition).

I have seen them on mpex.com for $150, and I have seen them sold in the classifieds here for $150.

Matt

6. MichaelHarris

MichaelHarris Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have one also, it's a very nice lens. Mine is older but turns out some nice results.