Electric Cellulose Nanocrystal Lens Filter

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I am looking for a green plastic to build my cameras and musical instruments.
    By the chance , i found that cellulose nanocrystals are hopeful.
    20 years ago or more , hasselblad and minolta introduced a new focusing screen. They were saying that it was the most transparent focusing screen and it was containing micro fibers in its body to form a focusing screen.
    May be it was cellulose nanocrysrtals.
    I found something interesting as kerr filter and nanocrystal application.
    You make a long cylinder filled with nanocrystals and apply electric to each end. It polarizes the light with changing degree to electric current.
    Does it only polarize or do another things also ?
    Well let me tell you another research , i m experimenting with hdr softwares and some of them changes light and contrast map on picture.
    It gives hyper details sometimes with some ugly results.
    I think sometimes these hdr contrast light difference pictures carry the essence of leica pictures.
    If electric crystal do the similar thing to picture , it could be possible to build a filter with a battery cell and a button to change many things.
    1 liter crystal cost 10 dollars.
    Did Land do the same thing ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wasn't the title of this thread used by Tom Wolfe for one of his books?:wink:

Matt