Elliott Erwitt at the ICP in NYC

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Renato Tonelli, May 26, 2011.

1. Renato Tonelli

Renato Tonelli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Went to see it yesterday. It's a fairly large exhibit (+/- 100 prints, if I remember correctly) Beautiful prints. Some of the humorous, whimsical images had some of us in the gallery laughing out loud.
    Large exhibits usually exhaust me but not this one. I left feeling I wanted to see more which, I believe, is the way it should be.

The prints are very large but the grain is hardly noticeable which surprised me. He shot 35mm in available light after all.

Worth seeing and while there, check out "Winter", a book by Jeffrey Conley. The images are so beautiful that I purchased it on the spot.

2. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ICP has nice rotating collections albeit its limiting viewing space. I was there a few months ago for Capa's Mexican suitcase, which was pretty cool.

3. 36cm2

36cm2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Never been terribly impressed with ICP, but going tomorrow to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Leo

4. 36cm2

36cm2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I saw this Friday. It's excellent. If you're in town, by all means go. Thanks, Renato.