Enamel photography

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Jerevan, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I happened upon this very thorough and well done write-up on Enamel Photography while I was looking for paper coating techniques. Well worth a look - and if it has been posted before, then consider this a longwinded form of *bump*. :smile:

2. Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for posting this link. I have photographed extensively in a cemetery that has photos of many of the deceased on the gravestones and I never knew how they were done. Very interesting!

Richard Wasserman

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Excellent link!

4. xtrailvijay

xtrailvijay Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    any idea about the digital method

Dear Sir we run a family business of firing photo images on enamel plaques. We are in the process of searching for new technology whereby we can use digitially created images which are printed with ceramic toners. we are getting different ideas but we are not very sure which method to use.
    all are expensive. can you please suggest any economical digital printer using ceramic toners? the range of firing is 600-700 degrees aprrox.
    Please advise
    Regards
    Dhanasingam

5. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. DPVisions

DPVisions Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ceramic frit pigments can now be applied to glass surfaces using inkjet technology which opens up printing to the digital imaging world. There are several companies out there selling flatbed inkjet ceramic frit printers. The one I find most information about is Dip Tech and their GlassJet series of printers - http://www.dip-tech.com/sitefiles/1/294/1613.asp

Here is a video about the GlassJet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaihUL5aKaM

Cheers,
    David