Enlarger/Filters

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by unohuu, May 19, 2009.

1. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have the Omega C700 and I am waiting for the 75mm lens (due today). I bought a set of Ilford contrast filters (3.5x3.5) not quite the right size. Do I trim them down so they fit into the filter drawer (worried that they will not stay flat)?

2. domaz

domaz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I trimmed mine down and it works fine. I don't think flatness matter much if the filter drawer is above the negative stage. Hope I'm not wrong.

3. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I trimmed mine to fit, they were supposed to be 3x3, but were about 1/8" too wide. You can use scissors, mat knife or anything really sharp. Being that they are the negative, flatness does not factor in, nor do fingerprints. We have three C-700's in our darkroom, two for 35mm, and one dedicated to 6x6.
    Rick

4. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    thanks, I guess I am out of excuses now. Negatives are hanging and I should delve into it.

5. RJS

RJS Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you sure fingerprints don't count? Flatness, to a point, shouldn't matter, bur when I think back many many years to when I used a communal darkroom, 'fingerprint' could mean anything from a barely discernable smudge to a gob of peanut butter (or Marmite if you are a UK type) that would make everything into a foggy morning. Cleanliness is next to Cartier Bresson!