Enlarger lens for 6x6 negatives

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by sbelyaev, Nov 12, 2006.

1. sbelyaev

sbelyaev Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello,
    Usually I use Minolta Rokkor -X 80mm/f4 or Apo-Rodagon N 90mm f/4 to print 6x4.5 negatives with very good results. Enlarger - Rolei 6x7XL (Omega 670XLS). Recently I got a new camera that makes 6x6 negatives (Rollei FW). Last night I printed some of my first shots. Unexpectedly I got prints with very light corners (all 4 corners). The problem is not in the camera. I scanned the negatives and the scans were fine.
    Could it be the lens or enlarger? I thought that 90mm lens should be adequate for 6x6 negs. Do you think that 105 or 135mm lenses will do a better job?
    Thank you.

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 90mm should definetly be fine. No idea about the Rokkor but it's likely fine to. Was the enlarger set up right?

3. sbelyaev

sbelyaev Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, it was.

4. sbelyaev

sbelyaev Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nick,
    Sorry you were correct. I messed up the enlarger. I double checked it and realized that I forgot to remove the 3rd condenser lens after I had printed 35mm film a week ago.
    Thanks!
    Stan

5. rshepard

rshepard Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Stan,

For what it's worth, I use my 80mm lens for 6x6cm negatives, and my 105mm lens for 6x9cm negatives. I've had no problems with this setup on my Besseler 23CII.

Rich