Enlarger with multiple lenses?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Jeff Searust, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jeff Searust

Jeff Searust Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    There is an item on eBay--- #170709022747. this is a turret supposedly for an enlarger there are 4 sets of lenses, 1,2,4,and 9 lenses.

has anyone got any idea how this works, what prints with it look like? Is it even what it says it is?:blink:

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It makes those sheets of multiple wallet-sized images. I can't tell what kind of lenses it has. If they are Rodadons or Componons, then $50 is a deal for the whole thing.

3. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is really a cool piece! Years ago when I worked at Delmar Photography here in Charlotte, we used package printers with multiple lenses like these for various wallet-sized prints. Ours were individual lens boards, not a turret, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. There was even one 5" roll paper printer with 16 lenses, which I think made 1x1.5" prints in a 5x6" area (these were turned into stickers). Instead of adjustable irises in each lens, they had fixed aperture holes; we used small amounts of opaque model airplane dope in the center of each front element to match print density, and very light CC gel filters to match color, between the multiple lenses on each board.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011