EOS 1 VHS question

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by darkosaric, Aug 27, 2010.

1. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

my friend has EOS 1 VHS and he is wondering is it possible to get rid of the grip? It is too big and heavy for him, and he don't actually need it. Idea is to have this camera without grip and 50/1.4 so it would not be so big and heavy :smile:.

You can buy some smaller battery and that is it? In official canon service - or ebay maybe?

thanks,

2. smcd17

smcd17 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

I have an EOS 3 which uses the same grip, all you would need is door/battery holder, which holds a single 2cr5 battery I believe.

3. smcd17

smcd17 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. ath

ath Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My understanding is that the 1V HS is a plain 1V bought with the power booster already attached. So all you need to do is detach the booster and replace it with the normal battery holder.

5. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You want either the GR-E1 or the newer GR-E2. They are functionally identical, and both fit all the EOS 1 series plus the EOS 3. The GR-E2 adds a little door (with weather sealing) behind which the battery resides. I have both, and it matters not at all which one I use.

When you remove the power booster, there's a large open space where the grip attaches.

There are a few available just now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010
  6. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for replays :smile: