Estimated resale value: Wista N system

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by revdocjim, Jun 12, 2012.

1. revdocjim

revdocjim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm considering letting go of my Wista N and lenses. I have a Fujinon SW 90/8, Fujinar 15cm f/6.3,Nikon Nikkor-W 180/5.6, and a Fujinon-L 300/5.6 and four or five film holders and an alternate back for use with 120 roll film.
    The body is in good condition but there are some apparently hand drawn penciled frame marks on the focusing screen.

I've looked into selling it at a local store but know that they don't buy at very generous prices so I was curious about selling here. I wouldn't even know what to list it at. Pictures of most of the gear can be found in my blog, listed in my signature below.

Any help or advice appreciated.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No store will give you a good price, they have to make a profit, it's better to sell privately and sell the lenses separately.

Values differer depending on the location, I've no idea about Japan but here in the UK prices are often 50% more than the US. Itv also depends on whether someone wants that model £200 ($300) would be a typical price maybe up to £300 ($450) or a bit more if you're really lucky.

You're better checking finished listings for the lens values and at what KEH sell them for secondhand n the US.

Just remember that the value of a complete kit is less than the individual components.

Ian

3. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A lot of folks use Ebay history as a guide to current prices in a private sale. You might try that.

Mike

4. revdocjim

revdocjim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I took the whole set to the store today and they appraised it. They offered me just over $400 for it. And if I'm buying something at the same time they will add 10% to the trade-in value and also give me 3% in points which can then also be applied to the purchase, so essentially $450 if I'm buying something. Unfortunately they didn't have either of the two items I'm interested in buying are the Pentax 645 A35/3.5 lens or the Mamiya 6. If they had had either I would have been very tempted. But instead I brought everything home with me. I'll keep checking their inventory. In the mean time I think I will try to get some more use out of this camera.