Exa 1c

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by j-dogg, Nov 12, 2011.

1. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My boss at work gave me one of these to play with. no light meter inside? has the prism finder as well as the waist level finder. 50 2.8 zeiss and 135 3.5 zeiss.....how much should I offer and what do I need to know? Shutter button location has to be the weirdest location I have seen in an SLR.

2. Rol_Lei Nut

Rol_Lei Nut Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No light meter, and be glad the advance lever is on the right side (unlike the Exaktas).... :smile:
    Though you can get metered prisms for them (Travemat, Harwix and even an Ihagee one - though I've never heard of the latter type ever being found still working).

Worth: not much. In Europe it'd probably go for $10 or so... (+ 20 to 35 for the lenses).
    Main limit/drawback is the top speed of 1/175

3. Pumalite

Pumalite Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My 2 cents:

DSC01325.JPG

20 bucks... JA,JA,JA

Attached Files:

4. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh good, I was gonna offer the guy like 100 bucks for it I suppose that's a bit much. It appears the lenses are worth more than anything else. Gonna have to find one of those metered prisms.

5. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nice little shooters but design is rather unusual. I'd say in the range of $10 - 20. If you get it, the lens is a keeper. Try locating an Exacta body and use the Exa as a backup.

6. Rol_Lei Nut

Rol_Lei Nut Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    IIRC, this model uses M42 screw mount lenses, not the usual Exakta bayonet...

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think not made by Exacta (Pentacon) either but under license by Certo. I never saw this model advertised in the UK.

Ian

8. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It does, which is why I want it.

9. davela

davela Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If he's your boss, I'd advise you to let him set the price (and then pay it). The job market's pretty rough out there!

In good shape it's probably a $20 USD camera. I've used the older Exakta mount Exa - very cute, but very unreliable (unless well-serviced at least). They reflect the QC problems common to much of the Eastern European consumer goods manufacturing of their era. They do have a small following however. Their market was to allow the use of Exakta mount lenses without the expense of a full-featured Exakta body. Of course in Bayonet and M42 there are tons of excellent lenses, east and west production.

10. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I never saw a version with the M42 mount. Interesting to know about it. I've seen some EXAs for sale locally from time to time cheap but never looked at them as I'm not interested in starting another collection of Exacta cameras. Been there, done that. I do have some M42 lenses so, otoh, there is a reason to look.