Exhibits in Paris?

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Allen Friday, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Allen Friday

Allen Friday Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I will be making my annual pilgrimage to Paris at the end of next week. Are there any "must see" current exhibits in the photography galleries or museums that Apugers recommend?

Thanks for any tips.

Allen

2. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    The Bruce Davison exhibit at the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson is interesting. You can google the site for more info. If go on Wednesday evening after 6:15 you can enter for free. Also, there's a Lartigue exhibit out at Roland Garros, but I haven't seen it yet.

Every Wednesday the publication "Pariscope" comes out, costs 40 Euro cents, and lists many of the exhibits in town (as well as movies, theatre, etc.) Every magazine kiosk has it. You might want to look through it when you arrive.

Have a good trip!

3. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Pardon my typo -- stiff fingers -- Bruce Davidson. It's interesting to see his Harlem pictures taken with his 8X10.

4. Allen Friday

Allen Friday Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Trask,

Thank you very much for the reply. I went to the HCB museum last year and very much enjoyed it. I will be sure to check out the exhibits you mention.

Allen