Exposure notes form

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Jerevan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am at my wits end, trying to find some sheet form for taking notes of exposures out in the field. I am aware there is one in the AA series books but I don't have it with me and I need to show a student an example - where can I find one on the net? Tried a billion word combinations but no luck... :smile:

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Pocket tape recorder or its modern equivalent.

3. Ian Leake

Ian Leake Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You could try the Library on this advertisers site.

Go to the bottom of the page under Template, I think the last pae is what you are looking for.

Ian

5. Ray Heath

Ray Heath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    g'day Jerevan

you could try designing your own in a word processing program like MS Word

a table, several columns, plenty of lines

it aint rocket science

6. rtuttle

rtuttle Member

I work as a graphic artist in mostly Quark XPress. If you tell me what information and a basic idea of how you want it laid out with the size I can produce a pdf file for you that you can print out on your printer. I can even lay several out on a sheet so all you have to do is cut them out. Let me know.

7. MSchuler

MSchuler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Exposure notes

Here's my latest version of a form that I've been using for a few years, based on AA's. It has space for 36 entries, if you use one line per shot. It's set up as two files because I don't have a double-sided printer at home - you may want to merge the .pdfs if you do have a double-sided printer.

Attached Files:

8. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just use the waterproof yellow Rite-in-the-Rain notebooks and a pencil. I like No.311 "Level"...5"x7", 48pp. Simple permanent record...easy to access and download into my brain (called "reading")...does not need to be upgraded or transferred onto the latest technological marvel.

I know what I want to write in them, so I don't need a form to fill in the blanks.

Vaughn

9. Ian Leake

Ian Leake Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I use a Moleskin notebook when I'm making negatives because it's free form and I can record anything that I think is relevant. But I transfer the key data to record sheets when I develop the negs because then I can file these together. Otherwise I'm always trying to find the right bit of data in the right notebook when I want to look something up. Looking back over old notebooks, it's interesting to me to see how what I thought was important to record has changed over time.

10. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I use no residue gaffer's tape right on my film holders. When I develop, I peel off the tape and stick it on the envelope...EC

11. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I store my 8x10 negs in 4-fold paper envelopes (by Conservation Resources, Inc). All the data from the Rite-in-the-Rain gets written on the envelopes for each negative.

The notebooks have become a photographing diary in a way -- fun to go back and see where I have been these past 25 years! I have not entered impressions etc...in a way I wish I had, but I probably will not in the future either...too lazy or moving too fast, or a 100 other lame excuses!

vaughn