F3HP Power Source Question.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by snegron, Aug 13, 2006.

1. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was wondering about the power source of my F3HP. It uses two 1.5v batteries when the MD4 motor drive is not attatched. When the MD4 is attatched, it uses the batteries of the MD4 instead of the two 1.5v. My question is I woner if it is safe to just remove the 1.5v batteries altogether when using the MD4. I read somewhere that it is possible, but I don't know if this can only be done on a temporary basis. Will there be damage to the F3HP if I only use the batteries from the MD4 motordrive from now on?

2. Lee Hamiel

Lee Hamiel Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I see no problem, I once ran one of my F3 bodies without batteries for about a year and didn't know there were none in it until I took the drive off and had no power

Mick.

4. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I had the same experience as Mick just yesterday. Took off the MD4 and tried to use the F3 and couldn't figure why it didn't work? Until I discovered I had taken the SR44 batteries out of the body since I never really use it without the MD4... Shouldn't be a problem at all.

5. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto

Bill

6. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks! I think I am going to remove the in-camera batteries and use it with the MD4. I figure that if the small 1.5v batteries are just sitting in the camera without generating any power while the MD4 is in use, they might corrode or leak.

7. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow! Thanks for that link! It was really helpful and cleared up another question I had about either turning the power switch on or off when using the MD4. It also answered a couple of questions I had about an old F2A I have. Great link!