Film availability in Venice

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by baachitraka, Jul 27, 2012.

1. baachitraka

baachitraka Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am traveling to Venice and Rome during next week and I will be packing enough film but in case If I ran out of my stock can I able to find film (B+W) in Venice.

2. FiatluX

FiatluX Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Depends on the format I guess.. It´s been 20+ years but here´s where I used to get my stuff: http://www.pk-digital.it/chisiamo_en.asp
    It´s on the mainland, not far from Venice.

They might not have film, but they will tell you where you can get some!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  3. baachitraka

baachitraka Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Format is 135.

4. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was over in Venice earlier in the year - There is a small shop just off San Marco square that held some stock of film, but I didn't look too closely as he didn't have any 120 in stock at the time. Was expecting a delivery a day or so after I was due to fly home.

My advice, take as much film as you can carry and don't count on rely on getting any in Venice.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, if it's the shop I'm thinking of they also have some very interesting second-hand cameras as well, some rarities and prices were OK as well.They had 120 and 35mm when I was there.

I've had some interesting conversations with loacls when they sawmy TLR, on e woman telling her young (maybe 5 & 7) sons look there's a real camera :D

Ian

6. Roberto

Roberto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fotomatica is one of the largest BW material supplier in Italy/Southern Europe ( http://www.fotomatica.it ).
    Problem is they are not in Venice but if you have a car and a GPS it's a matter of 20 minutes, might be worthwhile considering it instead of paying high prices in not specialized shops.
    Have a nice trip!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  7. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Bring twice or thrice the quantity you think you'll need and you'll save money compared to buying anything in Venice city centre during peak season, I say :wink:

8. baachitraka

baachitraka Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have 10 rolls of APX 100 and 100f bulk roll fomapan 400 and for that I have 10 plastic catridges.

So, 20 rolls at max. :-|