Film Availability

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Jim Chinn, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    After looking at some sources on the web, it seems we are down to 2 emulsions for ULF. Efke 100 and HP5+ 400. Freestyle had been carrying Efke 50 but no longer lists it except for some stuff on short date sale. Is the Efke 50 available overseas? Any other emulsions out there or are these the only two currently available?

2. funkpilz

funkpilz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you check Adox (they make Efke 100), I'm pretty sure they offer CHS 25 and 50 in ULF as well.

3. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Digital truth has fresh Efke 25 and 100. Also Glazers still may be selling ULF Tmax 400. And Ilford offers both FP4 and HP5 as part of thier annual run.

Gary

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    FP4+ is usually available during Ilford's special order periods.

Kodak sheet films are available in ULF sizes, if you can get the minimum order together.

5. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd encourage anyone interested in 11x14 320TXP to contact Rod at Photomark. See this page for details:

http://www.photomark.com/large_format.html

6. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I sent an email to Digital Truth about Efke and Jon quickly responded. He confirmed the currently ULF sizes will only be available in Efke 100 only. However, he also said it was not uncommon for Efke to discontinue a product only to revive it again a few months down the road. I guess Efke has done this a number of times, so it may only be a short term issue.

Gary

7. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
  8. Anton Lukoszevieze

Anton Lukoszevieze Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
  9. photo8x10

photo8x10 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I usually use Ilford(most of them) and Adox(I find it easily) for my ULF camera, but I would like to ask,if some know the answer, Why Foma dosen't produce a ULF films?

Stefano

10. Scott Peters

Scott Peters Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Efke is nice stuff. reasonable too...

11. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

I believe that there is only a 10 box minimum for Efke 25 in ULF sizes. I am interested in several boxes of 8x20 and possibly 11x14 if someone else can pass the word we can get some of this great film heading our way.

Just got two boxes of FP4+ in 8x20 so It should hold me off for a while.

12. Steve Hamley

Steve Hamley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael,

I too just did 2 boxes of 8x20 FP4+ but i could do some Efke 25 if the price is acceptable.

Cheers, Steve

13. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Michael

I would be up for some in 12x20, I love the stuff in 8x10.

Gary

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

I received some interest in Efke 25 in 8x20 and have asked some retail sellers to provide us with the price for this film as well as the timing and minimum quantity. When I get an answer to this stage one query I will make a follow up post. When we have some operating variables quantified I firmly expect that we can move on to other formats.

If you are interested in acquiring Efke 25 in 8x20 please drop me a PM and I will put you on the interest list. The more interest the better price we can secure.

Cheers!

16. Steve Hamley

Steve Hamley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael,

Thank you very much for taking this on. I appreciate your efforts in the ULF film availability.

I'd also be interested in 14x17.

Cheers, Steve

17. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Michael,

Even if you don't do any other sizes at this time, please keep us informed. I would love to have the film in 12x20 at some point.

Thanks for the effort.

Gary

18. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

In a couple of days I will get this ball rolling on 8x20 and let everyone know the details so this same scenario could be replicated with any number of formats. All things considered a 10 +/- box minimum for ULF sheet film is very reasonable. I am hoping that we do even more than that so we get the manufacturers attention.

Onward!

Michael Kadillak

19. Brickbird

Brickbird Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I'm with Gary on this one as I would be interested in some 12x20 in the 100 speed if available..........................TW

20. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    TW,

The 100 speed is available now. Freestyle told me that Efke will continue to supply that as regular item. The 50 and 25 speeds are now special order for ULF sizes.

Hope it helps.

Gary

21. Brickbird

Brickbird Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks Gary..............TW

22. Don12x20

Don12x20 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Is there any interest in a cut of 12x20 and 7x17 Tri-X?

23. Scott Peters

Scott Peters Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I really like carrying both efke 25 and 100 when I shoot 7x17 for different lighting conditions / look and feel. I wished freestyle would stock the 25 in 7x17 again.

24. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format

I carry Ilford HP 5+ and FP 4+ in 7x17 for the same reason working along the OH & Erie Canal, under bridges, out in the open, details in shade and bright. I carry six holders in the baby jogger pretty much divided unless I am returnng to a site with known light and subject. The other six holders are usually in the car if it is not too hot. I rarely walk more than a mile out because there are parking places along the towpath.

John Powers

25. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

Unfortunately, Efke 25 in ULF sizes is now a special order item. The way to cross this river is to have someone spearhead the aggregation of a particular size film in reasonable quantities. I am in the process of putting together such a special order for 8x20 Efke 25. The good news is that it takes a minimum order of at least 10 boxes of 25 sheets of film to make it go and the factory will ship directly to the US which is very reasonable all things considered. I am considering having the film sent to a single location in the US and then forwarding it to individual people to save money on shipping. Another money saving option is to have the factory package the film in 50 sheet boxes which would not affect the weight, but the size of the package.

Good Luck!

26. Bruce A Cahn

Bruce A Cahn Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Rollei R3 is made in ULF sizes. Freestyle can order it for you if they want. It must be refrigerated though. It is an unconventional film.