Film curtain crank on Mamiya 7

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Maine-iac, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Maine-iac

Maine-iac Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    The little fold-down tab for opening and closing the film curtain on the bottom of my M-7 split. I got a replacement from Mamiya, but no instructions on how to take the old one off. It appears to have a pin, similar to that which holds a watch-band on the watch, but the clearance is so tight that not even my tiniest jeweler's screwdriver will help.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Larry

2. Loose Gravel

Loose Gravel Member

Call the parts house you bought it from and ask them. I replaced a part on my M7 and they were most helpful.

3. Paolo Saccheri

Paolo Saccheri Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hello

just to let you know I make spare solid brass levers (crank) for M7 that last forever! I add a simple instruction document with photos for a step by step DIY job.
    if anybody would ever need one, just let me know!

all the best
    Paolo

4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can only guess how that foldable crank is fixed. Most probably it is a plain steel pin (that has to be driven out to release the crank).

At model-craft shops you shall find steel wires of apt thickness. Cut off a short piece, flatten the ends and use it as a driving pin.
    Maybe you'll find at your home a tiny nail or needle of apt thickness, then proceed as above.

EDIT:
    I just had a more closer look at a photo of a Mamiya 7 II bottom plate; the crank seems fixed different from what I thought above.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can you take a digital picture of it? I've one like that.