Film that's old enough to vote

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by bobfowler, Oct 10, 2004.

1. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shot some images this morning with some VPS-III that, until yesterday, had been in the freezer since late 1986 (it expired 11/1988).

I never expect miracles, but happily accept them when they arrive. Have a look:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2852

2. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks great Bob. That's interesting, thanks for posting. I expect any B&W film would keep just as well.

3. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    We should all take a shot of our freezers.

I have rolls and sheets studying for their bar and bat mitzvah’s , many are old enough to drive and some that are ready to defeat Bush -- for a second time.

If it wasn't for the wonders of 'frost free' I wouldn't be able to get some of my film out without an ice pick.

4. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just remember not to put them in the microwave to defrost :surprised:

Bob I knew b&w was good for years but that colour has really surprised me. Beautiful picture as well btw :wink:

5. djklmnop

djklmnop Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Pretty awesome. I have some 1975 films I should give a try. But I figure it may serve better as a collectable item hehh.

6. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The photo gods are smiling upon you, Bob. Congrats.

7. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    About four years ago, I shot some Kodachrome 25 that expired in 1984 but had been frozen for years before that. It was fine. I also had some frozen Ektachrome 400 and 64 that was left over from a commercial assignment that had expired in 1986 that looked as good as it did when new. For the Ektachrome 400, that meant it still sucked. :smile:

I was surprised by the Ektachrome. I had expected some loss of speed or color shift.

8. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

I thought that we were going to avoid political threads on this site. :smile:

No film, but I did excavate a piece of mystery meat from my freezer yesterday. I'm guessing that it is Mastodon.

9. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I don't have any film that old, but I just finished a 4x5 packet of Azo grandpa had that expired the year I was born (1961), beautiful images out of amidol. Of course this was kept in the strictest of archives, the garage, so it only went through about 45 summers. :D

10. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Which party

This film that is old enough to vote: Is it Republican, Democrat or Independent?

11. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I have a roll of Verichrome Pan that says to process before September 1959. (I think that's the right date.) I also have some Kodak HIE from 1977 in my freezer.