Filter/adapter for Perkeo II??

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Pasto, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Pasto

Pasto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi, I have a Perkeo II with Color-Skopar. This lens typicaly accepts 32mm slip-on filters. Does anyone know if I could get an adapter that would allow me to fit larger diameter screw mount filters? I'd like to try IR film, and don't think IR filter come in slip-on type....

Thanks in advance,

Louie

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I use slip-on filters on mine, but haven't seen an IR filter. Another option is to cut a gel filter to fit over the film gate and tape it in place.

Is the bellows IR-proof? Mine is leather, and I thought leather was not IR proof.

3. Pasto

Pasto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion David, I don't know if my leather bellows is IR safe. I'll test with the TV remote control and see....

Louie

4. polaski

polaski Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    32mm slip-on/push-on filters fit the Perkeo. The nice thing about 32mm slip-on filters is that there are a goodly number of them out there that are optically damaged. If you get one, you might look into a filter house fitting in a new element. That's what I am thinking of doing to get a neutral density filter for the Perkeo, the Retina II/IIa, and my 2x3 Crown Graphic. Same filter size.

I know nothing about bellows and IR.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007