Filter size for Bergheil 13.5cm heliar?

Discussion in 'Plate Cameras and Accessories' started by walter23, May 4, 2009.

1. walter23

walter23 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I measured it with a tape and it looks like 35mm, but I'm not sure what the pitch is, etc. Is there a standard filter size that would work with this lens?

2. gandolfi

gandolfi Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Hi Walter.*I have several filters for my Bergheil, and one of them is called OMAG 37 (not original), and I mesured the diameter and it is 37mm, not 35 (I think...:wink:).
    It is a "click-on" system, so if you find some a little larger, then you can bend the small "arms" on the filter to make the filter fit.
    I bought a Voightlander SUPERB (twin reflex) and wanted some filters for it. In Prague, I found loads of old filters for the Czeck "Flexaret" camera, and even though they have slightly larger filters, it was easy to make them fit. And they were almost for free....

3. Mark Layne

Mark Layne Member

These would normally have been used with 37mm push on filters and hoods
    Mark

4. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It takes 37mm push-on (also called "slip-on") filters. The threads are only for the front element retaining ring and unusable for filters.

Until recently, push-on filters were available new from B+W and Heliopan. But there are lots of 37mm push-on filters on the used market, since many cameras used that size.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  5. walter23

walter23 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info.