Filter threads on Angulon 90/6.8 ?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by morkolv, Jul 31, 2005.

1. morkolv

morkolv Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi!

In an other thread the filter size was said to be 40.5 mm, this are confirmed at the Schneider web site.

BUT my Angulon (#2 124 434) are smaller and only approx 26.4 mm !! Would that be the standard filter size 27 mm ?? Any other out there with this combination ? And witch filter systems du You use for it ? Would i possible to interface it to the Lee system or cokin P (I currently have both, but plans to sell the cokin)

Best regards :smile:

2. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    As you too have discovered, the Angulon has changed over time. The specifications for the latest ones are quite different from the older ones, in every way. The only thing that hasn't changed is the aperture :wink:

I think yours was made for silp-on filters. Measure the outside diameter - is it 30.5mm? If so, it's a slip-on.

3. morkolv

morkolv Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well I do not think its the slip-on version as it would not be very much for the slip-on to hold on to.. See enclosed photo (if I manage to get it right :smile:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine looks the same and couldn't be a 40.5mm filter ring size. Back the drawing board on filter adaptation....

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I saw a little trick in Lee Frost's book "Panoramic Photography", p40 - take 4 small balls of Blu-tac and place around the lens, then just use a Cokin or Lee filter. It will hold long enough to take the image.