Filters for a Nettar 517/16?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by hgernhardt, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hgernhardt

hgernhardt Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Folks—

So it turns out that over these past few weeks my go-to camera has been my Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517/16 with a Novar-Anastigmat 75mm 1:6.3 lens. Now this is all well and good, except that the lens has no threads whatsoever with which I might attach filters. A bit of Google-fu revealed that the Nettars with a Vario shutter (which mine have) use slip-on filters[1].

So how difficult is it to find these beasties?

Oh, and on an almost unrelated note—was there a 6x4.5 version in the 517 series?

Thanks!

---
    [1]: http://www.davidrichert.com/Zeiss 517 2 Manual/Zeiss517-2-Nett0013.jpg

2. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It depends a bit on the size; they're out there, but not in quantity. There's an ePrey vendor called Pacific Rim Camera that often has some, but they don't give them away.

3. agfarapid

agfarapid Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the exact same camera and it's a great little marvel. Can't speak to filters for this camera. For a 6x4.5 I purchased a Zenobia which is roughly the same size of the Nettar with an excellent 75mm 3.5 Hesper lens. I think I paid about $80 on e bay--a great little folder.

4. GregW

GregW Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do a bit of googling and auction searching for "series filters" Once you get a holder you can start looking for filters to fit it. Sometimes you can find a pack in a leather wallet that fits your camera with several different filters. Ideally finding a combo lens hood and filter holder is the best.
    Good luck
    Greg

5. hgernhardt

hgernhardt Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Greg—

Thanks for the Wikipedia link. Would you happen to know what measurement I need to take in order to determine the series I need?

Thanks!

6. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Henry,
    Measure the outside diameter of the lens and send me a PM. I may be able to help you. I still have a a large box of series filter holders, adapters, etc. If I have something for you, I'll give it to you in return for a cup of coffee. That way I get to meet another APUGger.

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Heliopan once made push-on filters (Aufsteckfilter). They still may have some in stock.

8. Peltigera

Peltigera Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  9. jmccl@yahoo.com

jmccl@yahoo.com Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Mess Ikonta could use some filtering, do you know what size the 10,5cm Tessar 3.5 takes?

10. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Mess Ikonta could use some filtering, do you know what size the 10,5cm Tessar 3.5 takes?
    Not offhand, You can measure it yourself. If you don't have a set of calipers, just lay a ruler across. The slip-on adapters are adjustable within a small range. It will be a Series VI, most likely.