Hello APUG community, I need to pick your collective brain. After a few months of interest in old Japanese compact rangefinders I managed to pick one up last weekend at a swap meet. I got a good deal on an Olympus 35 SP in beautiful condition, but it came with a catch. The catch was that the battery door is "jammed" shut, so thus no metering (spot metering even!) or auto mode. I figured that I have a handheld meter and I wouldn't miss those features since the camera is in great mechanical shape and since the electronics run off of a PX625 which is a pain to deal with. However, I would still very much like to fix this problem, but I don't know what to do now. I've tried to remove the bottom plate since unjamming the battery door would be an easy task after that, but the screws that hold the bottom plate in are also stuck and won't budge (my screwdriver shaft started rotating in the handle instead ). I don't know where to go from here and was hoping that somebody here might give me some ideas. Thanks! I ran a roll of Superia through it a few days ago to test the camera and everything went smoothly (that lens too, wow!). Here's one of the test shots.