Finding the right Zorki 1...

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by 26x30, Dec 18, 2011.

1. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have decided that I HAVE to get a Zorki. The 1 is the most appealing to me, but I know that there are many viariations of it as well. Anyone have a preference between the A, B, C, D or E? Go for a Industar-50 (3.5/50mm) or the collapsable Industar-22 (3.5/50mm)? I plan to use this as a day to day go to camera, and will be soing a bit of everything with it. I am fine with having to trim the film, and understand some of the quirks that are built into them.

***If anyone has a nice setup to let go of and has a need for a Nikkormat FT2, a Canon F1n, Ftbn or a Yashica TL Super maybe we can work something out...***

2. RPippin

RPippin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Boy, have I got the camera for you. Not just one but two Zorki 4K's, ones for color film and the other for black and white. Both are in excellent condition and with two lenses. A 50mm and a 26mm, two yellow filters, one lens hood and a Gordy's strap, all in a nice Tenba black camera bag. I'm not interested in a trade unless you have some Bronica SQA stuff, but I'll sell the whole thing for $250.00

3. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That really sounds like a deal, but I am pretty dead set on a 1 as of right now... Beautiful cameras, but a little too newish for what I want to have. Thanks for the offer, though! If I decide to jump ship on the 1 I will let you know.

4. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, you're really set on one of these, eh? I have a neat thing (though it's not for sale). It's a Zorki 1 but it was built as a fake Shanghai 58. So it's a Zorki 1 knockoff of a Shangahi 58 which is a Leica III knockoff. Ha! Really sharp 50/3.5 collapsible on it too. Good luck on your search.

5. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just got back from our Christmas travels to find a package from jnanian. Awesome Zorki 4 with a Jupiter 8 lens. Better condition than he described it to be, well worth the price he put on it... I have a bulk spool of Kentmere 400 on the way from B&H, it should be here tomorrow. Perfectly timed!

7. Royalrat

Royalrat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    One of my favorite cameras is Zorki 4

8. ray*j*gun

ray*j*gun Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Are the slow speeds an issue on the Zorki 4.......I've been looking at one myself.

9. OldBodyOldSoul

OldBodyOldSoul Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a Zorki 4. Looks like new, Jupiter-8 too. It's been sitting idle for at least 16 years, probably more. It's not so much that it has problems with the slow speeds as it's replaced all its speeds with one, sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I look at its curtain and it gives me this big and long yawn, I get sleepy every time.

I may work the shutter a bit if I ever get bored enough. It's too bad, it's a cute camera (no, it's not).

10. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Willing to trade her for a Canon F1n and a Canon Ftbn?

11. OldBodyOldSoul

OldBodyOldSoul Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Unfortuntaly, this camera is in a small European country whose post office is not something to be trusted. Things disappear, if you know what I mean.

12. btaylor

btaylor Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Odd I didn't notice this thread before... if you're looking for a good Zorki 1 why not shop here: http://fedka.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22 ? Yuri sells good stuff and the shipping won't eat you alive. He guarantees his stuff too. I've bought a fair amount from Russian and eastern European sellers. When I add up the cost of shipping and the repairs needed I may as well have bought from Yuri.

13. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have browsed fedka before, and he has great deals. I now have a Zorki 4 that I got from a forum member, but would love to grab a 1 as well. My best bet might be to unload this Canon gear instead of trying to trade it off, I just wanted to test the waters first... Having an 18 month old sort of puts a damper on the amount of cash I can just send out, and I thought a trade might have been the most economical route...