First 4x5 chromes processed on JOBO ATL1000!

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by fatboy22, Jun 3, 2006.

1. fatboy22

fatboy22 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I finally got to process some 4x5 chromes with my JOBO ATL1000. I have to say this little machine is amazing! I used the KODAK 5 liter one shot type kit for chemicals, very easy to use! They give you instructions on how to make smaller batches of chemistry from the concentrates which prolongs shelf life by not having to mix it all at once. My 4x5 chromes look great! So far I have processed only Kodak Ektachrome and AGFA RSXII. I read on the JOBO forum that FujiChrome works out better if processed longer in first developer, any truth to that?

2. darr

darr Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I process Velvia, Provia, and Ektachrome identically with Tetenal chemicals. They all seem to turn out fine. Where is the "JOBO forum" located?

Best,
    Darr

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Velvia and other Fuji transparency films, loses about 1/3 of a stop of speed when processed in Kodak chemicals.

4. Rolfe Tessem

Rolfe Tessem Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bump the dial to +10% when processing Fuji reversal films in Kodak chemistry. It isn't exactly what Jobo recommends, but it is as close as you can come on the ATL-1000.

5. fatboy22

fatboy22 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. fatboy22

fatboy22 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Rolfe,

Thanks again for emailing that info about the B&W processing times. I ran my first B&W sheet film today, so far it looks good as far as over all coverage, I may be a little under developed. Ran some fomapan 200 at 9 minutes in Rodinal 1:50. Not my normal developer but did not have any D76 ready.
    What B&W times and developers do you use, what gives you your best result?

Jamie

7. Baxter Bradford

Baxter Bradford Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    As Robert says, the extra 1/3 stop is about right in any chemicals so far as I know. Personally I rate Velvia 50 at ISO 40 and process normally in a Jobo ATL1000 or 2300 or at a Pro-lab. It is easier this way then to process different E6 film types all together.

Should you not want to do this, then I have seen that 7:30 is recommended for first developer for Fuji films. I have used 3 bath Fotospeed and Fuji-hunt chemistry perfectly well with different emulsions.

You might like to investigate adjusting colour balance by controlling the pH of the Colour developer to get even better results.

8. fatboy22

fatboy22 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Baxter,

I like that idea of keeping the process normal and rating the film with a little less speed. I will try that with the Velvia I have.