First LF, now E6!

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Jadedoto, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Jadedoto

Jadedoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There's no end in sight!!!

I just developed my very first roll of color- Ektachrome elite 200. I shot it a few months back at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event, and have been eager to develop it. But by the time I was out of my summer program, our local film lab had closed business!

So today I took initiative, went to the last camera shop in town, and bought the Kodak E6 kit. For $56, but it was worth the investment. Too bad they don't stock LF film...

I can't decide which part of my day has been more exciting, getting my driver's license or doing my first E6!

This stuff is addictive. I'm doing it in a small hand tank... and learned that instead of mixing the solutions as I go, I should mix up the part for a working solution BEFORE I start- that way I don't do what I did tonight and mess up concentrations. It's probably be easier just to concentrate on time and temperature instead of time, mixing and temperature!

2. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Didn't you read the warnings before subscribing to APUG?
    We don't take any responsibility for GAS, NAS, E6- or C41-addiction or whatever. :D
    Don't worry you'll find some LF E6 films somewhere.
    Good luck with the progress.
    Kind Regards
    Søren

3. Removed Account

Removed Account Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    E6 in a hand tank? Do tell! This gives me hope of a decent turnaround time on my C-41 and E6 4x5 and 120. Now, to find the kits anywhere near me...

- Justin

4. argus

argus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I do it that way since this year, also 120 and 4x5, "au bain marie" to keep the chems at temperature.

Greetings,
    Geert

5. eddie gunks

eddie gunks Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    adorama will ship them to you.....it may take a bit of time. that is how i got mine.

eddie

6. Jadedoto

Jadedoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well, I tried another film this morning. I got up at 5:30 intending to go down to the river with my friend, but the sensible side (her) decided against it due to rain.

So I tried it again, this time with preparing all the solutions before hand at temperature... This made it MUCH less stressful... but still the slides seem darker than my slides I had processed elsewhere. I can also see a distinct magenta cast on them.

I'm think I need to fix them longer or something, maybe extend the bleaching time. I also note that when I look at the base side of the film, I can see a black/white-ish reflection that reminds me of a really dense BW film- causing me to believe the bleaching is incomplete.

I don't know why though-- and I eliminate the blix problem because I'm doing separated steps... Hm...