First post - vf101

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by john neal, Jan 25, 2005.

1. john neal

john neal Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi, first post alert!

Inspired by Leon, who i think was encouraged by Sean, i have bought a Voigtlander vf101, and what abeauty it is. Attached are some recent abstracts taken in Coventry a couple of weekends ago on a rather grey day. Film is outdated Delta 400 dev in TMax 1:4, producing some slightly think negs.

I think I'm in love with this camera, it just feels right - I can hardly wait to get it out and compare results with Leon at the UK meet next month.

Comments and suggestions would be welcomed.

Attached Files:

2. BradS

BradS Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Very nice.

Have never been to Coventry...can you elaborate a little bit on the subject matter?

3. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a great little camera no doubt, however I had issues with very fine scratches on my negs. I confirmed it was the camera by running a new roll through then examining it part way. I never found what is causing it and am thinking of having a repairshop take a look. How do your negs look, any scratching?

4. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

none on mine so far ... i have noticed that the meter needle gets stuck if it is allowed to go down all the way .... all it takes it a light tap and it springs back into life.