first roll developed thanks for the help

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by LarryP, Dec 29, 2011.

1. LarryP

LarryP Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just developed my first roll of film foma 100 120 size in xtol 1:2 dilution.:smile: It turned out pretty good considering the tape on the roll had worked loose before I developed so I lost the last 3 frames.Have to admit I got a big kick out of seeing the negs as I unspooled the roll.:D Just wanted to thank everyone who answered my dumb questions, now to go burn some more film.

2. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats Larry and there are no truly "dumb" questions on apug.

3. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This absolutely correct. Nobody, absolutely nobody, is born knowing this stuff. You have to learn it. And you have to ask questions.

Goodness knows searching the archive will reveal all kinds of posts from me asking what now seem like obvious questions. But they're only obvious when you're on the other side of the experience curve.

The hope is that once you are knowledgeable and some other new person shows up it's your turn to pass it on. We get by with a little help from our friends.

4. John Austin

John Austin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Now I have to think of a dumb question to ask - Ah, got one!

Like will anyone who has experience of lemon juice as a stop bath please tell me how they got on? - I would like to be the lemon-aide on this one, but don't have a pH meter, which would make life easy

I grow citrus trees between the veg' garden and the septic system, so I have a lot of lemons, including one at the local auto repair yard

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I do enjoy using medium format film.

Jeff

6. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Me too, but sure LF will kill that for the quality not for portability/speed.