Fixed my Walzflex

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by totalmotard, Aug 23, 2010.

1. totalmotard

totalmotard Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Fixed it redneck style, WD-40! When I bought it the focus knob was stuck at infinity. I thought about using it just at infinity, but I found a little movement in the knob so I started lubing it and working it. After a couple of days it loosened up real good. I took the view finder apart and cleaned it too.

[​IMG]

So, here's a couple sample shots with it (Ektar 100). I really like the sharpness of this lens. I think I've got a winner here.

At f3.5, wide open:

[​IMG]

At the park, stopped down to f11:

[​IMG]

f5.6 close focus:

[​IMG]

I'm very pleased with my $25 purchase! :D

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love redneck fixins. Like smacking an sr-T101 on the floor to free up a jammed shutter button. Now I gotta put it up on some cinder blocks for some timed exposures.

3. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's a really nice-looking camera. Looks like a Rolleicord competitor---is it about at that level, with a Tessar-type lens and so on?

-NT

4. totalmotard

totalmotard Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yep, it's almost an exact duplicate, 75mm f3.5 tessar lens, shutter speed from 1 second to 1/300th. It's very well-built.

5. HarrissPhotog

HarrissPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice fix! Photos are looking good and that camera is a gorgeous piece of machinery.