Fixing a Voigtlander Brilliant

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Laurent, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

I'd like to fix the shutter of the Brilliant my Grandfather gave me some years ago.

It's the one with the shutter giving 1/25, 1/50 and Bulb, with a lens "opening" to 7.7

It would be great to find some shutter assembly diagrams, or somebody willing to share experience.

2. phfitz

phfitz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Laurent,

You would need a special spanner wrench in that size to remove the lens cells and reset inf. when done. Better to send it out.

Good luck with it.

3. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The camera is not worth sending out (it's closer to a box than anything else) but it has a personal value to me. (It also has an history since my Grandfather brought it back from his Navy years in WWII).

I started disassembling the camera and it looks like a sticky shutter + some bent parts in the mechanism (the legend says it fell sometime and stopped working since then.) as the shutter won't usually open except if I "help" it by putting a small part back to what seems it's normal position.

It would be great to be able to make some pics with this camera.