Flying...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by ChristopherCoy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ugh! I know... its another flying thread. BUT! I've done my research. I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly.

I was just reading all the rules here:
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1035.shtm

It states:

So because my film is 400 and 100, if it happens to go through the X-Ray machine, say because I still have 34 exposures left in the camera, the X-Ray machine will NOT hurt it correct? I'm planning on requesting hand inspection for my zip lock bag of film, but I'm going to have to put the cameras through.

The reason that I posted another thread on flying is because at the top of the TSA page it says this:

... which is a direct contradiction to the first statement. Will it hurt it the first time, or does it take 5 times or more to affect undeveloped film?

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The machines used for checked baggage (i.e. the stuff going in the hold) give off a much higher dose of radiation than the machines used for carry on luggage. So no contradiction there.

3. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    duh... sorry. I didn't even catch the difference. I was reading too fast.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. ChristopherCoy

ChristopherCoy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Never heard of him Matt, but had to Google him. I'm kinda diggin that song!

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Long John Baldry was a very interesting singer/musician. He spent the last years of his life living here in the Vancouver area of BC. I still consider one of his shows/concerts as the best I have ever seen.

I met him a couple of times, including an during an interview for a print publication (I was the photographer). He was both very interesting, and incredibly personable.

The song I linked to comes from his "It Ain't Easy" album. That album is one of two that both Elton John and Rod Stewart contributed greatly to. Both were his proteges (of sorts). When Elton John chose that name as his stage name, the "John" part was in recognition of John Baldry.