Focus assist with Voigtlander 58mm SLII?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by mesh, May 27, 2010.

1. mesh

mesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Just wondering if anyone can confirm if the Nokton 58mm will register with 'focus assist' on an EOS 630? If not, perhaps a Nikon F100? I am after a nice manual focus 'all round' lens and would probably use it more on a 'modern' body rather than my older mechanical ones. Sorry if this is a stupid question - not sure how the electronics work on the newer cameras ;-)

Many thanks.

2. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know about the EOS 630, but I use older, manual focus lenses without any electronic components on my F100 all the time. The focus indicator works just fine. Canon's design might be different since their cameras were not designed to use older, manual focus lenses. I doubt it though. My guess is that it will work just the same. -

3. mesh

mesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks fschifano - almost convinced now ;-) Seriously, that makes sense and I would have thought that too. Thanks. Any comments on the Nokton lens anyone? Can't find too many reviews in my research - I assume it's not being used that much... more applicable to EOS users I guess who don't have the choice in manual focus fast 50's.