folding bellows

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by uraniumnitrate, Aug 27, 2006.

1. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can any of you tip me with e-mail addresses there I can learn how to fold a bellows? I need to construct a kind of special bellows for lens shade! I need something wide and low profile to use on the Schneider Super Angulon. I have an a Tomyama 6x24 cm wide angle camera I know this isn’t a large format but those panorama guys probably can’t help me out as this is not really their territory!
    Thanks.

2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link but it's more difficult than those sqeare type of bellows! hoewer I contacted Joe so lets see if he has some ideas! I put up a ruff drowing which show what I need. that size will work out perfectly on that lens! Some metall parts I'm gonna use from the Hasselblad bellows type of shade but the front and the back panell I must manufacture self out of aluminium! which is not a big deal really! It's like a shade on that 35mm panorama movie cameras but just a slightly smaller size! :smile:

Uraniumnitrate

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2006
  4. jolefler

jolefler Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like a bellows from an older Polaroid might be of the correct proportion. No?

5. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello!
    I don't know as I never had seen one but I got this problem with the Tomiyama and Schneider combination! I'm loosing cotrast in my negs and I can't say that I like it! :smile:

Otherwise I'm using those square like bellows shade on my other cameras! I have manufactured a holder which I mounted on the 8x10 Tachihara which holds the Toyo bellows shade. It's works but not with this camera as the square blinfolding me! :smile: It covers the entire viewer on the camera! :smile:

By the way I have published a pic on the camera in the section panorama cameras you can looked it if you want to!

6. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I second the www.camerabellows.com recommendation. They did one for me, and it wasn't even expensive. I saved 60% over buying it from Linhof. Give them to get you a quote.

7. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Guys, thanks for all the tip I've got! It might be some sollution after all!

U.

9. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've improvised lens hoods from black mat board. Cheap and easy.

10. phfitz

phfitz Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    uraniumnitrate,

If all else fails, you can make an oversized square bellows and use a format mask in front Hollywood cine camera style. Looks strange but a great light trap. May be easier to build.

Have fum with it.