Foma 400 in sheets is now available!

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Thomas Bertilsson, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just saw at Freestyle that Foma has released their 400 speed emulsion in sheet film sizes.
    Prior to posting this I searched via both the internal search, scanning this part of the forum, and I also used Google to do a site search. I hope I am not duplicating somebody else' post, because this is exciting news.
    I'll be ordering 5x7 film right away.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/42045750-Foma-Fomapan-400-iso-4x5-50-sheets?cat_id=404

The catalog shows 5x7 and 8x10 sheets as well.

- Thomas

2. werra

werra Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where do you see it in 5x7 & 8x10? And the price for 4x5 is steeper than TMY. Looks like some glitch.

3. Thomas Bertilsson

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw 5x7 and 8x10 in their printed catalog that I received in the mail a few days back.

It looks like it's more expensive than TMax 400, yes. Fortunately there is Arista EDU Ultra for less, which is much less expensive and the same film.

- Thomas

4. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I noticed it when I was on the site a few days ago. A suitable replacement for the Foma 200?

5. Thomas Bertilsson

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure, Alex. I didn't use enough of the 200 to really form an opinion. The 400 has pretty weak antihalation treatment, and that gives it a very interesting look, or a 'glow' because of halation. You may like it, or you may not. But definitely try it if you shoot sheet film.
    I've been waiting for it to happen for my 5x7.

- Thomas

6. brianmquinn

brianmquinn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    "The 400 has pretty weak antihalation treatment"
    for the 35mm version. The 120 has a better antihalation backing. We will have to wait to see about the sheet film.