Foma film anyone?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Ken, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Ken

Ken Member

Greetings,
    Anyone have any experiences with Foma films, particularly the 400?
    Regards.
    Ken

2. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Ken,

I have just received some 20 rolls (120 film) but have not used them yet. The German importer www.fotoimpex.de has all sorts of details. It seems that the film base has a bluish cast.

Will let you know more once I have developed a few rolls.

Good luck

Hans

Foma website: www.foma.cz

3. Ken

Ken Member

Hans,
    I did just the same, along with an order of Classic Pan. I figured it might be worth the effort to try some of these films.
    Look forward to future replies.
    Regards.
    Ken

4. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello Ken,

Fancy you having ordered Classicpan. I have used this (400ISO) with great pleasure. As developer I use Calbe09 (=Rodinal). Cheap and cheerful, I can't tell the difference with TriX. Another hint: Forte paper, same story.

Let me know your findings

Hans

5. durrago

durrago Member

Foma 100 is a good film but the Foma 200 is a sensational film. Great tonality.

I also think the Foma 400 is an excellent conventional technology 400 film. I find the 400 film a very good people film when lower speed films can't be used.

6. Ken

Ken Member

Thank you for the reply regarding the Foma 400. My hopes is to find conventional films that respond well to over and under exposure. I have a good source for this film and thought I would put it to the test.
    Though I use 400 exclusively, perhaps I should give the 200 a try as well.

Hans, Good news about the Classicpan. My only concerrn is it's availability. I use Rodinal almost exclusively and frequently overexpose/overdevelop. If all goes well I will be giving it a shot this weekend. Will let you knoiw. Regarding the Forte paper, there was a photo shop in my area going out of business and I purchased a good amount of Forte VC paper for half price. I really like it. The only problem is that I have yet to see this particular Forte paper any place else.
    Regards.
    Ken

7. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ken,

try:www.forte-photo.com where you may find a list of distributors worldwide.

Good light!

Hans