Foot Switch for Omega CT40

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Silverpixels5, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know what kind of footswitch plug goes into this thing? I was thinking it would take a regular 1/4" plug but to my suprise the timer's footswitch input looks like it takes some sort of 5 prong male plug. Is there an adapter that I can buy for the 1/4" plug that will turn it into the one that I can plug into this timer? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I seriously doubt that you will find an adapter of the type that you want. I have an old Omega SCA 400 analyzer that has a weird plug to the probe. I don't know what the circuitry would be that would include five conducters unless they are breaking both "legs" of the circuit with a "ground" conducter as well. KHBPhotographix has a manual for the timer that they are willing to sell for $12.00 (canadian). Perhaps it has a schematic that would enable one to determine how to make this work with a conventional floor switch.

3. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Most often when you see a plug like that on something as simple as a footswitch only two prongs out of the five are used. The others are there for show. This seems to be an attempt to keep someone from plugging in a fixture from something else, say a footswitch of a competitor. A look inside the unit will tell you if theres any more than that attached. It may even be possible to find a compatible plug at Radio Shack or some other electronics supplier and make an adaptor to whatever you have available.

4. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If all else fails I'll sauder the wires to the circuit board...I'll make this work one way or another :smile: