For a Good Board Call...

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Dan Quan, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dan Quan

Dan Quan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's a guy on that auction site that makes nice boards for a really good price, he is super easy to deal with and seems to really care about his work. I actually bought two, and i feel compelled to let everyone know about him. Here is a photo of one he did for me.
    And the link is:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Wooden-Lens-Board-6-x6-B-J-2DEastman-8-x-10-various-color-undrilled-/230714480707#ht_864wt_1372

edit: i feel a little guilty about the quality of the photo, but i'm invited for bloody mary's and really didn't feel like putting much effort into it. sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
  2. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Pity he doesn't sell outside the US… Seems quite a stupid business practice to me.

3. BradS

BradS Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I recently bought a couple of lensboards from him for my Koda 2D. Agree with the OP. He does beautiful work, delivers on time and the craftsmanship is quite evident. Highly recommended.

4. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like they offer happy endings as well. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  5. Dan Quan

Dan Quan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought this camera about twenty years ago and was just grasping the beauty and versatility of Pyro when I divorced and lost my darkroom and desire to pursue my 8x10 hobby and instead became "more serious" by working in a real studio. The very first job I had in photography was, of course, an assisting position (no pun intended). In the bathroom above the toilet someone had scrawled "Edith Head gives good wardrobe", I was dumbstruck, "what the hell does that mean?" I thought. I had no idea my introduction to fashion, the steak and the sizzle, film noir and p&l statements had just begun, or what a long, strange trip it would be. Anyway, I now have two lenses and both is mounted on a board, finally, and I am once again ready to become "more serious" about photography. I have 100 sheets of HP5+ and am hopeful I can pull off at least 30 happy endings (pun intended).

I realize part of me is likely stuck at 10Yr's old, but I'm not sure I want to fix that part just yet.