For Friends of Ted Harris

Discussion in 'In Memoriam (APUG Members)' started by asrafferty, Apr 22, 2008.

1. asrafferty

asrafferty Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hope I will be forgiven for offering this news here in this way, but I felt it was important to let his many friends here know that my husband, Ted Harris, passed away unexpectedly this evening, at our home in Enfield, New Hampshire.

Next to our family, nothing meant as much to him as the colleagues and friends who shared his love of photography. Those of you who visited our home last Saturday gave him one of the happiest days I can remember. My gratitude for your fellowship and many kindnesses extends far beyond that recent circle, to all of you who were part of his life as a photographer. I know he would want me to offer his love and thanks for the joy he took in having been part of this community.

I have many calls to make and things to take care of for Ted in the coming days and weeks, and I'll appreciate your writing either to his e-mail (tedharris@mac.com) or to mine (asrafferty@aol.com) if there are items of business left pending that I can help resolve. I'll ask your patience, but I hope you'll write if there are things I need to do now, on his behalf.

My most sincere thanks to those of you who returned the good will, eager mind, and giving heart with which he moved through the world... he celebrated being among you every day.

Amy Rafferty

2. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My most sincere sympathy and sorrow Amy. I did not know Ted personally but I will miss his large contribution to the photographic community.

3. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am so, so sorry.

I can't believe it.

4. Richard Wasserman

Richard Wasserman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy,

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family. I am stunned and at a loss for words. He will be sorely missed.

Richard Wasserman

5. vet173

vet173 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This will leave a great hole in this community. My condolences.

6. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Amy, I am truly sorry. Words can not express how much he will be missed.

Jim

7. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Extremely saddened by your loss, and Ted will be missed within our community.

8. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am so very saddened to hear this, Amy, and I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I admired Ted very much.

9. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy,

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. This is such sad news. I now am even more sorry to have missed his gathering this past Saturday. He had just written saying how amazed he was at the turnout and the good time he had with all. My thoughts are with you and the rest of Ted's family and friends during this most difficult time.

Bill Schwab

10. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy... my deepest condolences. I wasn't able to make the gathering the last weekend, but was looking forward to attending one I had hoped he would plan in the coming months. I met Ted at the LF Portraiture workshop we organized two years ago at the VPC, and have a lovely polaroid portrait of myself that he made using a very cool diffusion lens. His presentation that day was excellent, and I have always appreciated the generous manner in which he offered all of us some great information.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this very, very difficult time.

11. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shock! I read with great pleasure about last Saturday's gathering in New Hampshire. I'm deeply saddened by such an untimely passing. I only knew Ted by his on-line presence, but he seemed to be a terrific guy. My condolences to his family.

12. eddym

eddym Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. All I can offer is my condolences.

13. photogolf

photogolf Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Deepest sympahy from the Lewis family.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very sad news. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of this tragedy. Ted was well known and highly respected amongst the photographic community both here on-line and in the real world and his loss is indeed a loss for us all.

My sincere condolences to yourself, his family and friends.

16. Síle

Síle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy, I my sincerest condolences to you and your family.. Ted's enthusiasm here was always boundless.. he will be very sorely missed.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you today.

Síle

17. Nicole

Nicole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Ted in the past few months and am shocked to hear this news. My thoughts and well wishes go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

18. Dinesh

Dinesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy, my sincerest condolences. I just met Ted a couple of weeks ago here in Toronto. He was an exceptionally nice man.

He will be missed.

19. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm shocked. My deepest sympathies, Amy.

I had corresponded with Ted a number of times over on the Large Format Forum, and he was of great assistance behind the scenes when moderation issues between APUG and LFF intersected. He was kind enough to send me a spare box of Polaroid 809 just a couple of weeks ago, which I'm currently using to make prints for the APUG "Ode to Polaroid" print exchange. He was a generous soul and a person of good judgment. I will miss him.

20. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am very sad to hear this news. My condolences to Ted's family and to all who knew him well.

21. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy, Thank you for opening your home to us Saturday. I can't think of adequate words.
    Ted was an inspiration to me, and so many others.

Barry

22. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sincere condolences to you Amy and to your family and friends, such a sad loss.

23. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy, so very, very sorry to hear of your loss. Ted was kind enough to visit via PM's and emails and I felt he was one of the best. I am stunned to hear this news, and can only offer our prayers and hope for you and the rest of family.

24. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Amy, this is very shocking news! He was a great guy w/over 50 years in photography...someone we could all learn from. Now I'm sorry I didn't hang around long enough for that group photo, hopefully w/Ted at front center! My sympathies to your family.
    drew

25. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I'm so sorry to hear of this. I was shocked when I read the message on the LF forum this morning. I only met Ted at last year's View Camera Conference. He was helping out with the Environmental Portraiture workshop and I learned a lot from him. He will be missed.

26. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    amy,
    i had met ted a few times, only through email here and at the llf.
    he was always helpful and friendly, and i will miss him.
    my sincere condolences to you and your family and friends.

john