Forcing my hand to devlop my own..

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by ToddB, May 23, 2013.

1. ToddB

ToddB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Two weeks ago I submitted a roll Color 120 to the one and only place in town that still develops 120. I wanted done right away. Well.. two weeks later thet got it done due to machine problems. There no other place in Albuquerque that does 120 C-41 developing. This really motivating me to develop my own, or look at the mail order place call "The Darkroom" in California. ArrrrGGG!!!

2. ToddB

ToddB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Pick up my film.. awesome!

Hey guys, Just got back from lab. They did an awesome job as always. I was asking if they knew that they were only place in town that developed 120. They said "Infact.. we are the place in the state". Thats scary. I went to ask hows film business? They replied " We get in a quit alot". I was relieved.

ToddB

3. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Only place in the state? How about Visions Lab up here in Santa Fe? I've always had my C41 and E6 in all sizes done there. Maybe they ship the C41 out to the place your talking about, but usually they do 1 run of C41 and one of E6 per week. Never had an issues, excellent quality as always.

4. Truzi

Truzi Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    About 20 minutes from my house is Fairview Photo. They still do 110, and are not happy production has resumed :D

5. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    do it!
    the perfectionists will try to talk you out of it.
    I get great results with a good fish heater for the chems in a thermos and running water in a tub for the tank