Forte/AeistaEDU

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by asaphoto, Apr 20, 2007.

1. asaphoto

asaphoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have been printing on Freestyle Arista EDU made in Hungary Warmtone paper and really like it. It from everything I can tell is Forte Polywarmtone only slightly cheeper. I see that Freestyle seems to be not selling the EDU made in Hungary any more and a friend said that Forte may be going under. Has anyone heard anything about that?

2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The only Forte products you are going to find are products that are remaining in the pipeline. Forte products were sold under the Arista.edu (Made in Hungary) label at Freestyle. Forte products are also sold under the Bergger label, as well as the Forte label. There is still product out there.

4. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Whats a good alternative to Polywarmtone?
    Kentmere Fineprint Warmtone?

The reason I ask is I have just bought some cooltone developer, after looking at the review for it in B&W photographer from last year, I saw that compared to Ilford MG, the Forte Polywarmtone had a much stronger reaction to it and looked amazing is that because it was FB?.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2007
  5. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    As far as I know, Bergger bought part of the coating material and transferred it in another plant (Foma? ) They assure that all products will still be available.