Found roll 127-size Kodacolor-X: Develop B&W or Color?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by amuderick, Jun 7, 2009.

1. amuderick

amuderick Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I found an exposed roll of 127 size Kodacolor-X film. I am debating whether to develop it B&W (in HC-110) or to attempt doing the C-22 process I found on eHow.com: http://www.ehow.com/how_4673066_develop-c-film.html

I have all the chemicals for C-22 except for CD3. Not sure where to get that though. Photo Formulary doesn't stock it.

Also, does anyone have a 127-size reel? The last roll I developed in my changing tent in a tray. I'd like to avoid that if possible with the nastier C-22 chemicals.

2. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    standard patterson adjustable reels can be used for 127 film. that's how i've done it.

3. amuderick

amuderick Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    do those reels fit in a stainless steel tank? or do I need a special patterson tank?

Thanks.

4. Q.G.

Q.G. Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    They may fit, but will certainly fit in all 'normal' Paterson tanks. No special tank needed.

5. amuderick

amuderick Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Where do I buy CD-3? Or can I just use E-6 color developer?

6. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    e-6 colour developer contains cd-3; so does RA-4 colour print from negative. In the past I have home -mixed a RA-4 developer (as well as e-6 colour developer), and accordingly, have raw cd-3 on hand; I seem to recall a portion of it is slightly oxidised, and I use it only for non critical prints; other, the last time I looked was still white, which I bought a pound or so from Artcraft. That was more than 4 years ago, and I think that Mike of Artcraft may have moved his shop from where I dealt with him.

Where are you, and how much CD-3 do you want me to try to mail to you?